Genuinely Creepy

Steve Landsburg reaches genuinely creepy heights in his latest attempt at sensationalism. Witness his title: "In Praise of Genocide" and excerpt below:

...But as the world stands today, I suspect that cultures are worth very little at the margin (that is, we could stand to lose any one culture without missing it very much). There’s only so much you can assimilate in a lifetime, and to a considerable extent, time spent in contact with one culture is time not spent in contact with another.

So I’m not sure why the adjective “genocidal” is so often taken to be pejorative. I’m also not sure there’s any point to condemning some mass murderers more fervently than others, but if we’re going to play that game then I’m inclined to count genocidal intent as a mitigating circumstance.


I really need to stop reading this weirdo - but he is my libertarian archetype.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer