What kind of bad stuff is likely to trouble the world to come? Prediction is hard, said Bohr, but especially of the future. Some bad stuff to come, maybe.
1) Global Warming - I called these maybes, but this one is a all but a cinch. It is pretty obvious that the world is not about to take any firm action to avoid a substantial increase in temperature. Summits will be held, half measures will be promised but not taken, and CO2 will accumulate. Hands will be wrung, seas will rise, desertification will proceed, and, quite likely, hundreds of millions will starve. Americans would rather starve, be flooded or cooked out than pay more for gasoline.
2) At least two revanchist powers with global spanning nuclear missiles are making menacing noises. What happens when Russia marches into Ukraine and China invades Taiwan? Nothing good. Biden is focused on his domestic agenda, unable to act forcefully even against a bunch of Haitian gangsters.
3) Will Iran and Israel nuke it out? Could be, could be.
4) What will Europe do as the flood of refugees from Africa and other places unable to feed themselves grows?
5) About Skynet: some version could be, might be.
6) Meanwhile, fascisms is growing apace. Why, I'm not sure.