Lindzen Again

I try not to get my science from the editorial pages - probably least of all the WSJ editorial page, and for that reason, I wasn't too interested the scientific arguments Lindzen advanced there - I had seen them all before, from him and others. I was interested in his theory of alarmism (more on that in another post) and in his claim of the persecution of skeptics, expecially the clearly implied (but not clearly stated!) notion that Tennekes was fired for speaking out against the global warming theory. A couple of other targets he mentioned as having been driven out of climate science appear not to have been, but I have yet to see anything clear on Tennekes.

Others have commented that Lindzen himself consults for oil and coal companies at $2500/day, and at least one has claimed that he tried to hide that fact in Congressional testimony. On his scientific record, Lindzen seems to deserve to be taken seriously. If he was untruthful on this key point though, I can safely consign him and his claims to the trashbin of liars, idiots, and religious fanaticš.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer