Sinister Moment

There was a moment in Romney's speech to the high rollers that I found a bit sinister, where he muses about the embassy takeover in Iran proving crucial in the 1980 Carter vs Reagan election. He says something to the effect of "if something like that happens, I will be ready to exploit it."

For some reason that reminds me of the creepy husband saying "if my wife should just happen to get murdered, forward the life insurance to my Cayman Islands account." I'm cynical and suspicious by nature but I found Romney's statement downright creepy. I would like to know exactly who was behind that anti-Muslim video, though, to be sure it seems a bit inept even for the likes of Karl Rove - and Romney's reaction was inept as well.

I worry more that Romney and his buddy Bibi might have some October surprise cooked up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli