The Opinionator on Immigration

I was chatting with my opinionated friend, aka, the opionator or TO, as we call him for short, when the subject of the Mayday immigratin rallies came up.

TO: A really, really, stupid idea, which pisses off even people who might otherwise be sympathetic.

CIP: Well, immigrants sometimes feel invisible, and they want the country to realize how much we depend on them.

TO: Americans don't want to depend on illegals! And they crtainly don't want to depend on a bunch of people waving Mexican flags.

CIP: Most of the flags I saw were American or Californian - but there were some Mexican flags.

So what do you think of the the House bill to make illegal immigration a felony.

TO: F*&#ing brilliant. Just what we need. Twelve million more people in prison!

CIP: Guest worker program?

TO: Yeah, that's worked really well in Germany, right? And, oh yeah, Saudi Arabia.

CIP: So smart ass, you don't like anybody else's ideas, do you have any?

TO: That's easy - control the border, issue work permits with a moderately difficult path to citizenship, give everybody a difficult to forge SS card, and punish anyone employing illegals - we know who they are, and it's the work that attracts people.

You got any more beer?

CIP: Dos Equis or Corona?

TO: XX

Comments

  1. I'm posting here because you'll get my email address this way and feel free to use that or not. I just want to clarify that I don't wish you any ill health. I don't think you are old. You're what, 50ish or so? That's not old. Dano has described himself as 'an old weatherman' so that's what I was referring to with the old farts comment. I come here because you are generally kind (and funny) even when we disagree. I like you, but I don't like the way Dano verbally abuses me here. It's uncalled for and very ungentlemanly. But you've always been a gentleman even when you've picked on me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's OK, I didn't take it personally. I have seen the terrible damage wrought by Alzheimer's on its victims and their families though, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

    Dano plays a little rougher than most here, but compared to what Lubosh usually calls me, it seems pretty mild (to me, at least).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer