Reality Rejection

Reality becoming entirely too tiresome, and a New HP movie coming out, I thought it might be a good time to review the bidding, so I recently watched HP and the Chamber of Secrets again.

I really like the first two movies, though critics don't seem to agree. I think that one key point might be that the first two are less crowded with plot, giving more time for all those fantastic British character actors to strut their stuff. There really isn't time for that in the latter two movies, and they suffer as a result. The creme de la creme of English acting winds up being little more than set dressing in HP four, and I fear that worse may come in five. It really was a mistake not to break four and five into a couple of movies each - though I suppose the prospect of a semi-geriatric boy wizard in the final movies wasn't a happy one either.

Since I am on the subject of reality rejection, I will be really pissed if Jo R decided to knock off our heroes in the final book. We could use a bit of comedy rather than more tragedy at this point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli