YouTube Debate

As a certifiable old codger, I didn't expect to be blown away by the YouTube debate, but it was actually pretty good. The questions asked were much better than the idiotic ones the reporters always ask.

The candidates answers - not so much.

I liked best two of the candidates I wouldn't vote for: Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich. Gravel pretty much put out unvarnished truths, including many that people don't want to hear: taxation is the most and perhaps only effective way to constrain energy use, and, yes, all those soldiers who died in Vietnam, including my friends, neighbors and Army buddies, did die in vain. That last does not diminish their valor or sacrifice, but it does indict those who sent and led them.

I liked Kucinich, even though I think most of his ideas are nuts, because he reminds me of Dobby the house elf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli