Shoes of the Phisherman

Careful students of Lumology will not be surprised that guys with an IQ of 185 also do stupid things. Lumo, it seems, bit on a phishing email:
One month ago or so, I did a very stupid thing. A few hours after I wrote one of my reviews at amazon.com, I received an e-mail inviting me to

amazon.com.encrypted-inquiry.cn/exec/obidos

(looks good, does not it?) and asking me to update my debit card number and so on to improve the community and so forth. ...

After opening a page that looked just like at amazon.com, I entered my credit card number to the fraudulent website, and to show how really stupid I was, I also filled out another page with the social security number. (Please don't annoy me much with the messages about the credit history. I don't intend to borrow anything and I don't care.)

Not being the type to worry, Lumo just monitored his debit card until somebody charged $2415 worth of shoes to it. He was pleased but not surprised at how easy it was to get corporations to appreciate the error.
Actually I feel much better when simpletons like these ones are trying to steal my money because it is rather likely that they will lose, especially because all the corporations that I like and trust stand on my side.
OKay-e-e Lumo - just remember: you may love the corporation, but it will never love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer