Temper Tantrum

An elderly (which is to say, even older than I) friend of mine likes to email me all kinds of right-wing propaganda, which she completely believes. When I can find a quick refutation, I often send it back, but some stuff leaves me knashing my teeth in despair. Today's edition was a recycled feel good story about Iraq bragging about how many universites there were, how many schools had been repaired, and so on - all this stuff dating from 2004 or so, and accompanied by the obligatory condemnation of the press for not reporting the "good news."

It's essentially all crap, of course. Iraqi universities have largely ceased to exist, because so many professors have been murdered or fled the country. The schools rebuilt have been blown up or crumbled due to the shoddy work done by Cheney's corrupt contractors.

I want to scream, pound the table, and say: "Dozens of American soldiers die every month because idiots like you believe this shit and voted for the monster that did it. Hundreds of American soldiers are crippled every month because of your stupidity and credulousness. Tens of thousands of Iraqis die every month because of you. Any person with half a brain and an ounce of curiosity could see that this administration is all about lies, corruption, and incompetence, but you voted for them - twice - and for the crooked congressmen who continue to enable them."

But I don't.

Except here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer