Huckabee on MTP

At least one pundit predicted that Mike Huckabee's campaign would run aground on Tim Russert's patented gotcha questions on MTP. I caught part of Huckabee's appearance and I don't think so. He looked solid, confident, and well briefed.

I think that our nameless pundit (because I can't remember who it was ;)) missed the mark because he failed to note that:

  • Huckabee is a veteran pol and cool under fire.
  • Huckabee apparently knows how to prepare, unlike, say, Richardson, who completely booted his MTP appearance.
  • Little Russ saves the tough questions for Democrats.

I now think Huckabee is very likely to be the Republican nominee, and somewhat likely to beat Hillary. He might even beat Obama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli