Do You Solemnly Swear?

I've been getting a lot of truly scurrilous campaign email lately, from both sides, including one which has a picture of a candidate and a slug, and asks what they have in common. The rear side of the giant postcard has a number of accusations against the candidate, but, so far as I could tell, the slug came off blameless - except for eating my garden, which wasn't mentioned.

The debates, too, were a forest of accusations, most denied by the accused. I suggest replacing the debates with cross examinations under oath, with the questioners not network idiots, but prosecutors chosen by the opponents. Americans appear to love courtroom and faux courtroom drama, so these would be bound to be popular. I would also require all campaign ads to be truthful, under penalty of perjury.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli