Voted

I voted today, and the turnout was heavy despite it being a couple of weeks before the general voting. There was a line, though it moved pretty quickly. Apparently about 12,000 people have already voted in the County - a bit more than 1/4 of the final tally in 2012.

To my paranoid eye, the crowd today looked a bit Trumpish - old and white. The elderly lady in the voting stall near me apparently couldn't read the ballot, so a helper was reading the candidates to her. She was indignant that she couldn't vote a straight Republican ticket, but had to go through and have each one's party affiliation read to her. Of course I was voting at a time of day when most people with jobs are at work.

Now I would like to go somewhere with no TV or internet and hide out for a couple of weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli