Book Review: The Three Body Trilogy

I've mentioned before that I really liked the initial book of the series by Cixin Liu (The Three Body Problem), but now that I have read The Dark Forest and Death's End I should mention that I don't like them as much.  A good feature of the first book was the author's portrayal of the Chinese Great Cultural Revolution and its aftermath.  I find his future societies less compelling.

This, I suppose, is a personal problem, but I also disliked the relentlessly pessimistic tone of the latter two books, and started to find his conceptions of future technology and science more irritating than entertaining.

The author narrows his focus in the latter books and concentrates mostly just on one character.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli