My Appearance on Meet The Press

After inteviews with Baker and Hamilton of the ISG, little Russ had Tom Ricks of the NYT and three idiots with PhDs on to talk about Iraq. Tom didn't say much. Richard Haase of the Council on Foreign Relations was mainly concerned that we blame the debacle on the Iraqis.

The two main talkers were Eliot Cohen, who had attacked the ISG report in the Wall Street Journal, and Ken "Iraq will be a Cakewalk" Adelman. I formed an immediate dislike for Cohen based on my irrational hatred of bow ties. Come to think of it, Bill Kristol and George Will wear or wore bow ties. Let me revise and extend. I formed an immediate dislike for Cohen based on my well-founded hatred of bow ties. I also seem to recall that he was one of the promoters of this idiotic enterprise.

Nobody had any good ideas, but Cohen managed to mollify me a bit by pointing out the criminality of the fact that our soldiers are still riding and dying in those stupid up-armored Humvees when far more suitable vehicles are available.

I was there too, by the way. They didn't ask me any questions, and I was mostly off-camera, but when Ken f****** Adelman started talking about all the administration's mistakes, Ken the a****** who promoted this war, Ken the PhD who should have known what GWB and Rummy were, I snapped.

I jumped up and pulled his sports jacket over his head, jerked him out of his chair, and started kicking his butt around the room. Eventually Tom, Tim, and two bouncers from a weekday talk show managed to wrestle me off camera. It was fabulous television, but somehow I don't expect to be invited back.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:58 AM

    Great post, thanks. Don't know if you've seen these two pretty shocking videos from Iraq yet or not (kid chasing bottle of water, car getting crushed), but both star the US Military and put it in a very negative light. I have them up on my site at www.minor-ripper.blogspot.com ..You have to wonder what these soldiers were thinking when videotaping this stuff...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli